Podcast Show Notes: Living in Alignment with Core Values
- Importance of living in alignment with core values
- Definition and significance of core values
Discovering Core Values
- Reflecting on personal beliefs and principles
- Identifying core values through introspection and self-awareness
The Impact of Living in Misalignment
- Consequences of not honoring core values
- Recognizing signs of misalignment in life
Prioritizing Core Values in Decision Making
- Aligning choices with core values
- Making decisions that resonate with personal beliefs
- Cultivating a sense of purpose and fulfillment
The Power of Pausing, Noticing, and Choosing
- Understanding the three-step process for mindful decisions
- Being present and aware of one's actions and choices
- Taking responsibility for well-being and making conscious choices
Embracing Personal Growth and Courageous Conversations
- Promoting personal growth and authenticity
- Choosing courageous conversations in alignment with core values
- Handling potential challenges and feedback
- Encouraging listeners to explore and embrace their core values
- Emphasizing the positive impact of living authentically and in alignment with God's purpose
- Acknowledging the potential impact on relationships and making choices accordingly
CORE Values Exercise:
Many have never taken the time to uncover, explore and learn to articulate just what their CORE values are. When you have values in conflict, it can lead to frustration with yourself or with those around you. Knowing your core values helps you prioritize life so you can say “no” to good things so you can say “yes” to the best things.
Look at the following list of values. Pause, pray, reflect, and choose.
Then, on a piece of paper or in your journal, circle or write down the 10 values that are most important to you. Make sure that your list includes values that are meaningful to you and are relevant to your life today. Feel free to add values not listed here.
After you've chosen 10, pray and inquire of the Lord to narrow your list of values down to five. You can do it! Write the name of your top five. Then, define what the value means to you. Begin to live and make decisions according to your core values!
Legacy Now Lived
Walking Your Talk